Protecting What Matters Most To You For Over Four Decades

Skilled, Thorough Help With Family Court Modifications

Life changes constantly and court orders should accurately reflect these changes. From child custody and child support to maintenance/alimony, your court orders should change with continuing and substantially changing in life circumstances. However, it’s important to seek the right help when requesting a modification, which is often as complex as the dissolution. We are well-equipped to help with these situations in St. Louis County and surrounding areas.

We have the skill and wealth of experience you need to successfully make a change to a court order.

When Can I Request Modifications To A Child Custody Or Support Arrangement In Missouri?

You can petition the court for a custody or support modification whenever there is a continuing and significant change in circumstances that affects the best interests of your child. There are many reasons to request a modification to a custody or support agreement. A few of the most common include:

  • Changes to financial status – like losing a job
  • Relocation
  • Health Issues
  • Remarriage
  • Child preference or change in child’s needs

These are just a very few reasons you might seek a modification. We can give you more information on when it’s appropriate to request a modification in your specific situation.

Do I Need To Go To Court To Get A Modification?

Changes to a support or custody arrangement do need to be approved by the court. If you and the other party agree on the terms, you can submit your agreement to a judge without a formal hearing, but a judge still needs to sign and issue the modification order. We provide more insight into this process, as well as represent you in court to advocate for your modification interests.

Find Out More About Modifications

This process can be complex. We will be of great assistance in these situations. We have the skill and experience in modifications to assist you with this process.

Contact us to get more information about modifications. You can use our online contact form or call 314-208-0318 to get in touch.